Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 26, 2012
Payment Issues in Redistricting Debate
Legislative leaders are going to take another crack at approving payments to lawyers who fought to defend last years redistricting maps.
The Legislative Research Commission hired the attorneys earlier this year to fend off challenges to new district maps. The attorneys were unsuccessful. At the last scheduled LRC meeting, absences allowed minority leaders to block approval of payment to the attorneys. So a new meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, and officials hope to reverse the decision. The LRC is also expected to approve the multiple task forces and work groups created during this year's legislative session. Such groups include one formed to look into middle school athletics and another that will help overhaul Kentucky's pension system.