Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue June 26, 2012
Payment Issues in Redistricting Debate
Legislative leaders are going to take another crack at approving payments to lawyers who fought to defend last years redistricting maps.
The Legislative Research Commission hired the attorneys earlier this year to fend off challenges to new district maps. The attorneys were unsuccessful. At the last scheduled LRC meeting, absences allowed minority leaders to block approval of payment to the attorneys. So a new meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, and officials hope to reverse the decision. The LRC is also expected to approve the multiple task forces and work groups created during this year's legislative session. Such groups include one formed to look into middle school athletics and another that will help overhaul Kentucky's pension system.