Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue June 26, 2012
Payment Issues in Redistricting Debate
Legislative leaders are going to take another crack at approving payments to lawyers who fought to defend last years redistricting maps.
The Legislative Research Commission hired the attorneys earlier this year to fend off challenges to new district maps. The attorneys were unsuccessful. At the last scheduled LRC meeting, absences allowed minority leaders to block approval of payment to the attorneys. So a new meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, and officials hope to reverse the decision. The LRC is also expected to approve the multiple task forces and work groups created during this year's legislative session. Such groups include one formed to look into middle school athletics and another that will help overhaul Kentucky's pension system.