Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 20, 2010
Paxton Warns Greyhound May Leave
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton is warning Greyhound Bus Lines will move its headquarters to Metropolis, Illinois if the city is unable to help find a cheaper location for its terminal. He expects a decision to be made in two weeks. McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer dismissed a lawsuit last week that attempted to overturn a zoning board ruling which barred the bus line from sharing a terminal at the Paducah Area Transit Authority facility in Lower Town. Paxton says Greyhound is vital to Paducah's river industry and expresses his disappointment in Lower Town residents' opposition of the move.