Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed July 1, 2009
Paul's Exploratory Committee Raises $100k
Bowling Green, KY – Bowling Green physician Rand Paul reports he has raised more than $100,000 for an exploratory committee looking at a possible campaign for U.S. Senate. The Republican is positioning himself for a run if second-term GOP Senator Jim Bunning were to pull out of the race. Bunning has left open the possibility that he may withdraw if fundraising doesn't improve.
Paul is one of two Republicans who have formed exploratory committees. The other, Secretary of State Trey Grayson, hasn't yet said how much he has raised. The deadline for reporting contributions to the Federal Election Commission is July 15th.
Paul spokesman Christopher Hightower said more than 1,200 people have contributed to Paul's exploratory committee.