Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 1, 2009
Paul's Exploratory Committee Raises $100k
Bowling Green, KY – Bowling Green physician Rand Paul reports he has raised more than $100,000 for an exploratory committee looking at a possible campaign for U.S. Senate. The Republican is positioning himself for a run if second-term GOP Senator Jim Bunning were to pull out of the race. Bunning has left open the possibility that he may withdraw if fundraising doesn't improve.
Paul is one of two Republicans who have formed exploratory committees. The other, Secretary of State Trey Grayson, hasn't yet said how much he has raised. The deadline for reporting contributions to the Federal Election Commission is July 15th.
Paul spokesman Christopher Hightower said more than 1,200 people have contributed to Paul's exploratory committee.