Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon October 18, 2010
Paul/Conway Debate @ University of Louisville
By Gabe Bullard
Louisville, KY – The two major-party candidates for U.S. Senate debated at the University of Louisville last night. It was one of the most contentious meetings yet between Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Rand Paul.
The debate began with the candidates trading jabs over a recent ad from Conway that brought up pranks Paul was allegedly involved in as a college student. The candidates continued to criticize each other throughout the rest of the hour-long event. On the subject of the health care overhaul law, Paul said Conway should join other Attorneys General in a lawsuit that claims the law is unconstitutional.
"Jack misunderstands the Constitution. He thinks it has to list a right that you not have insurance. He doesn't understand that the Constitution gives certain powers to the government, but it says those rights not listed are not to be disparaged."
Conway said the law is constitutional, since courts have upheld Social Security and Medicare.