Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri October 22, 2010
Paul will debate Conway on KET
By Charles Compton
Lexington, KY – Kentucky's Republican U-S Senate candidate he will keep his date with his opponent. Rand Paul threatened to pull out of a statewide forum produced by Kentucky Educational Television. This afternoon in Lexington, the Bowling Green eye surgeon read from a prepared script and refused to answer questions posed by the media.
"While I remain disappointed that my opponent continues these personal attacks, I do respect the voters of Kentucky, and therefore will participate in Monday's final debate. Kentuckians deserve another opportunity to understand the very real differences between Jack Conway and myself."
Democrat Jack Conway, who this afternoon was in Richmond, says he was not surprised by Paul's announcement.
"I'm glad, I'm glad he held up to his original commitment."
Paul's upset with a campaign ad the questioned his Christian faith and his attitudes toward women. A poll released this week by the Lexington Herald Leader shows Paul leading the race by five points.