Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 22, 2010
Paul will debate Conway on KET
By Charles Compton
Lexington, KY – Kentucky's Republican U-S Senate candidate he will keep his date with his opponent. Rand Paul threatened to pull out of a statewide forum produced by Kentucky Educational Television. This afternoon in Lexington, the Bowling Green eye surgeon read from a prepared script and refused to answer questions posed by the media.
"While I remain disappointed that my opponent continues these personal attacks, I do respect the voters of Kentucky, and therefore will participate in Monday's final debate. Kentuckians deserve another opportunity to understand the very real differences between Jack Conway and myself."
Democrat Jack Conway, who this afternoon was in Richmond, says he was not surprised by Paul's announcement.
"I'm glad, I'm glad he held up to his original commitment."
Paul's upset with a campaign ad the questioned his Christian faith and his attitudes toward women. A poll released this week by the Lexington Herald Leader shows Paul leading the race by five points.