Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Mon May 14, 2012
Paul Says Obama's Views "Couldn't Get Any Gayer"
Kentucky's junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul drew national attention over the weekend for his criticism of President Obama's recent support for gay marriage.
In a speech before the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition, the Republican noted that the President's views on gay marriage had been evolving.
Paul told attendees some may consider him cynical, but he didn't think Mr. Obama's views could, in his words, "get any gayer." Paul went on to say gay marriage opponents don't need to be harsh or hateful about it. He says marriage has stabilized the family unit for six thousand years and people shouldn't just give up on it.
Paul's comments on marriage come at about 5:30 into the video below.