Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon May 14, 2012
Paul Says Obama's Views "Couldn't Get Any Gayer"
Kentucky's junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul drew national attention over the weekend for his criticism of President Obama's recent support for gay marriage.
In a speech before the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition, the Republican noted that the President's views on gay marriage had been evolving.
Paul told attendees some may consider him cynical, but he didn't think Mr. Obama's views could, in his words, "get any gayer." Paul went on to say gay marriage opponents don't need to be harsh or hateful about it. He says marriage has stabilized the family unit for six thousand years and people shouldn't just give up on it.
Paul's comments on marriage come at about 5:30 into the video below.