Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon May 14, 2012
Paul Says Obama's Views "Couldn't Get Any Gayer"
Kentucky's junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul drew national attention over the weekend for his criticism of President Obama's recent support for gay marriage.
In a speech before the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition, the Republican noted that the President's views on gay marriage had been evolving.
Paul told attendees some may consider him cynical, but he didn't think Mr. Obama's views could, in his words, "get any gayer." Paul went on to say gay marriage opponents don't need to be harsh or hateful about it. He says marriage has stabilized the family unit for six thousand years and people shouldn't just give up on it.
Paul's comments on marriage come at about 5:30 into the video below.