Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon May 14, 2012
Paul Says Obama's Views "Couldn't Get Any Gayer"
Kentucky's junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul drew national attention over the weekend for his criticism of President Obama's recent support for gay marriage.
In a speech before the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition, the Republican noted that the President's views on gay marriage had been evolving.
Paul told attendees some may consider him cynical, but he didn't think Mr. Obama's views could, in his words, "get any gayer." Paul went on to say gay marriage opponents don't need to be harsh or hateful about it. He says marriage has stabilized the family unit for six thousand years and people shouldn't just give up on it.
Paul's comments on marriage come at about 5:30 into the video below.