Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Fri October 16, 2009
Paul Rakes in $1 Million for US Senate Run
Bowling Green, KY – Republican Rand Paul has raised more than $1 million for his U.S. Senate campaign, largely from Internet fundraisers that have proven especially lucrative for him. The son of former presidential candidate Ron Paul eclipsed all other major candidates in the third quarter.
Financial reports filed with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday showed GOP candidate Trey Grayson had raised $642,857. On the Democratic side, Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo reported raising $514,000 for the Senate race. A spokesman for Democratic candidate Jack Conway said his campaign would release its third quarter numbers later Thursday.