Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 16, 2009
Paul Rakes in $1 Million for US Senate Run
Bowling Green, KY – Republican Rand Paul has raised more than $1 million for his U.S. Senate campaign, largely from Internet fundraisers that have proven especially lucrative for him. The son of former presidential candidate Ron Paul eclipsed all other major candidates in the third quarter.
Financial reports filed with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday showed GOP candidate Trey Grayson had raised $642,857. On the Democratic side, Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo reported raising $514,000 for the Senate race. A spokesman for Democratic candidate Jack Conway said his campaign would release its third quarter numbers later Thursday.