Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri October 16, 2009
Paul Rakes in $1 Million for US Senate Run
Bowling Green, KY – Republican Rand Paul has raised more than $1 million for his U.S. Senate campaign, largely from Internet fundraisers that have proven especially lucrative for him. The son of former presidential candidate Ron Paul eclipsed all other major candidates in the third quarter.
Financial reports filed with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday showed GOP candidate Trey Grayson had raised $642,857. On the Democratic side, Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo reported raising $514,000 for the Senate race. A spokesman for Democratic candidate Jack Conway said his campaign would release its third quarter numbers later Thursday.