Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 16, 2009
Paul Rakes in $1 Million for US Senate Run
Bowling Green, KY – Republican Rand Paul has raised more than $1 million for his U.S. Senate campaign, largely from Internet fundraisers that have proven especially lucrative for him. The son of former presidential candidate Ron Paul eclipsed all other major candidates in the third quarter.
Financial reports filed with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday showed GOP candidate Trey Grayson had raised $642,857. On the Democratic side, Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo reported raising $514,000 for the Senate race. A spokesman for Democratic candidate Jack Conway said his campaign would release its third quarter numbers later Thursday.