Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu October 28, 2010
Paul Not Returning Money from Man In Scuffle Tape
Bowling Green, KY – Kentucky Republican Rand Paul's U.S. Senate campaign is trying to distance itself from the supporter caught on video in a widely viewed altercation with a liberal activist, but it's keeping his money. Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton says the campaign won't return some $1,900 in contributions from Tim Profitt, a Paul supporter from central Kentucky. Profitt was seen on tape stepping on the head of 23-year-old activist Lauren Valle. Valle was wrestled to the ground by Paul supporters Monday night before a debate with Democrat Jack Conway.
Paul's campaign has dropped Profitt as volunteer campaign coordinator in Bourbon County. Conway campaign spokesman John Collins says Paul should return the contributions from Profitt.