Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed February 22, 2012
Paul Keeps Surgery Skills Sharp with Pro Bono Work
An eye surgeon turned U.S. senator is keeping his medical skills sharp by doing pro bono eye surgeries for the uninsured in Kentucky. Republican Rand Paul removed cataracts from four patients in Paducah Tuesday. Paul was a longtime Bowling Green ophthalmologist before he was elected to the Senate in 2010. Paul says he has found his pro bono work during Senate recesses to be especially rewarding. Many of his patients have had extremely poor vision because they've put off treatment due to a lack of insurance.