Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue April 6, 2010
Paul & Grayson Pledge Support for Coal
By Chris Taylor
Barbourville, KY – Kentucky US Senate Republican candidates Rand Paul and Secretary of State Trey Grayson voiced support for the Commonwealth's mining industry yesterday. Both promised to rein in the Environmental Protection Agency, which they described as harming the state's coal industry and the 17,000 workers it supports. The Paducah Sun reports Paul, Grayson, and three other contenders for retiring Senator Jim Bunning's seat have expressed support for mountain top removal, in hopes of wooing voters in the heavily Republican areas of southeastern Kentucky, which rely heavily on the coal industry.