Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 21, 2009
Paul Gets Halfway in Fundraiser
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – Kentucky U. S. Senate candidate Rand Paul has raised just under half a million dollars in one-day. The Bowling Green Republican launched a one day Internet campaign yesterday to raise a million dollars. The final totals were a little less than half that, at 433-thousand. Paul borrowed the fundraising idea from his father, Texas Representative Ron Paul, who banked 6-million in a single day for his presidential campaign last year. Rand Paul faces two other Republicans, Secretary of State Trey Grayson and western Kentucky businessman Bill Johnson, in next year's primary election.