Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri August 21, 2009
Paul Gets Halfway in Fundraiser
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – Kentucky U. S. Senate candidate Rand Paul has raised just under half a million dollars in one-day. The Bowling Green Republican launched a one day Internet campaign yesterday to raise a million dollars. The final totals were a little less than half that, at 433-thousand. Paul borrowed the fundraising idea from his father, Texas Representative Ron Paul, who banked 6-million in a single day for his presidential campaign last year. Rand Paul faces two other Republicans, Secretary of State Trey Grayson and western Kentucky businessman Bill Johnson, in next year's primary election.