Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri August 21, 2009
Paul Gets Halfway in Fundraiser
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – Kentucky U. S. Senate candidate Rand Paul has raised just under half a million dollars in one-day. The Bowling Green Republican launched a one day Internet campaign yesterday to raise a million dollars. The final totals were a little less than half that, at 433-thousand. Paul borrowed the fundraising idea from his father, Texas Representative Ron Paul, who banked 6-million in a single day for his presidential campaign last year. Rand Paul faces two other Republicans, Secretary of State Trey Grayson and western Kentucky businessman Bill Johnson, in next year's primary election.