Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri August 21, 2009
Paul Gets Halfway in Fundraiser
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – Kentucky U. S. Senate candidate Rand Paul has raised just under half a million dollars in one-day. The Bowling Green Republican launched a one day Internet campaign yesterday to raise a million dollars. The final totals were a little less than half that, at 433-thousand. Paul borrowed the fundraising idea from his father, Texas Representative Ron Paul, who banked 6-million in a single day for his presidential campaign last year. Rand Paul faces two other Republicans, Secretary of State Trey Grayson and western Kentucky businessman Bill Johnson, in next year's primary election.