Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 14, 2012
Paul Expects Deal on Fiscal Cliff to Include Top 2 Percent Tax
Kentucky U. S. Senator Rand Paul says he expects any deal made to avoid the so-called Fiscal Cliff will include tax increases on the top 2 percent. The comments came at today’s Commerce Lexington Public Policy Luncheon. Paul says Democrats are likely to get some tax increase passed, but criticized their rationale.
“And I think it’s a muddled message because they say raising taxes is a bad idea on one hand, but then they say raising taxes a little bit is a good idea," he said.
Paul also addressed immigration reform in his speech, saying he believes a series of smaller individual reforms has more likelihood of passing than a comprehensive bill.