Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu July 9, 2009
Paul to Decide KY Senate Candidacy by August
Bowling Green, KY – Bowling Green physician Rand Paul says he may enter the Republican primary race for U.S. Senate even if incumbent Jim Bunning doesn't withdraw. Paul, the son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, says he'll decide by August 20th whether he'll jump in. So far, Paul has formed an exploratory committee and has raised $100,000. Bunning has maintained he's staying in the race for what would be his third term in the Senate. Paul says he's unconvinced and is afraid of Bunning dropping out at the last minute.
Secretary of State Trey Grayson is also considering a run and has raised $600,000.