Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu July 9, 2009
Paul to Decide KY Senate Candidacy by August
Bowling Green, KY – Bowling Green physician Rand Paul says he may enter the Republican primary race for U.S. Senate even if incumbent Jim Bunning doesn't withdraw. Paul, the son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, says he'll decide by August 20th whether he'll jump in. So far, Paul has formed an exploratory committee and has raised $100,000. Bunning has maintained he's staying in the race for what would be his third term in the Senate. Paul says he's unconvinced and is afraid of Bunning dropping out at the last minute.
Secretary of State Trey Grayson is also considering a run and has raised $600,000.