Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed September 15, 2010
Paul-Conway Ad Banter
By Lisa Autry/Jacque Day
Kentucky – Kentucky's attorney general is portraying his Republican opponent for U.S. Senate as soft on crime. Democrat Jack Conway is airing an ad that shows Republican Rand Paul speaking in 2008 on KET in which he says "things that are non-violent should not be against the law." Paul maintains the ad was taken out of context.
"I would say it's a dishonest ad. If you go back and watch the whole clip, which I still haven't seen but I was there the first time, apparently the transcript says we were talking about motorcycle helmets and gambling and the lottery. We weren't talking about drugs or anything like that."
Conway is the first to strike with a negative ad during the general campaign. The commercial continues a theme for Conway, who is trying to elevate crime as a central issue.