Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri October 11, 2013
Paul Claims War on Christianity
Kentucky’s junior senator told a conference of social conservatives in Washington Friday there’s a worldwide war on Christianity.
Republican Rand Paul was speaking to the Value Voters Summit hosted by the Family Research Council. He said the war is being waged by a fanatical element of Islam.
“It is fair to point that most Muslims are not committed to violence against Christians, but it’s not the whole truth,” Paul said. “The whole truth is – and we shouldn’t let political correctness stand in the way of this truth – the whole truth is that there is a minority of Muslims who condone killing of Christians, but unfortunately that minority numbers in the tens of millions.”
Paul claims a Pew Research Poll shows 40 million Muslims in Egypt, Jordan and Pakistan sympathize with violence against Christians. Paul said this cannot be understated.