Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 28, 2010
PATS to Appeal Dismissal
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The Paducah Area Transit System's Board of Directors will continue to keep pressing for a facility-merger with Greyhound buses at its Lower Town terminal. The board voted yesterday to appeal McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer's ruling that dismissed its request to overturn a zoning board's decision to block the merger. WPSD-TV reports at the meeting, PATS Chairman Chip Cox addressed community concerns about crime, saying PATS has full-time security and that adding four Greyhound Buses should not increase criminal activity in the residential neighborhood. The case now heads to the Kentucky Court of Appeals.