Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed November 28, 2012
Patriot Coal Case Moved to St. Louis
Patriot Coal’s federal bankruptcy case will no longer be heard in New York City. U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Shelley Chapman in New York ruled that the case be moved to St. Louis, where Patriot Coal is based. Chapman says there were hundreds of handwritten letters from retired coal miners.
Patriot Coal is responsible for more than 10,000 retirees and another 10,000 dependents, some who are in Illinois and Kentucky. After an $802 million financing package was approved in August, Patriot Coal continues to operate while restructuring.