Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon July 27, 2009
Past Donors Giving Up on Bunning
Frankfort, KY – Political contributors who have donated thousands of dollars to US Senator Jim Bunning's campaigns in the past are finding a new Republican to support for Senate. Dozens of donors are switching their allegiance to support Secretary of State Trey Grayson, who has formed an exploratory committee and is considering running for Bunning's seat.
The Courier-Journal reports that 164 people who gave to Bunning's Senate campaigns in 1998 and 2004 have given to Grayson this year. Only 47 of them also gave to Bunning in this election cycle.