Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon July 27, 2009
Past Donors Giving Up on Bunning
Frankfort, KY – Political contributors who have donated thousands of dollars to US Senator Jim Bunning's campaigns in the past are finding a new Republican to support for Senate. Dozens of donors are switching their allegiance to support Secretary of State Trey Grayson, who has formed an exploratory committee and is considering running for Bunning's seat.
The Courier-Journal reports that 164 people who gave to Bunning's Senate campaigns in 1998 and 2004 have given to Grayson this year. Only 47 of them also gave to Bunning in this election cycle.