Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed September 19, 2007
On the Passing of Max Roach
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – With a career spanning over six decades, Max Roach has been seen at the drums accompanying jazz peers such as Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, and countless others Despite his controversial work in the 1960s, Roach went on to receive the MacArthur Foundation genius grant in 1988 along with several other honors since Despite his passing on August 16th, 2007, he is survived by five children and millions of fans... Commentator, Dr. Brian Clardy reflects on Max Roach's career and what made him one of the most important drummers in history.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.