Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Roads & Highways
Mon January 14, 2013
Part of Pennyrile Parkway Closed
UPDATED: 3 p.m.
A portion of the Pennyrile Parkway was closed this afternoon after the cab of a tanker truck carrying hydrochloric acid caught fire this morning. Both north and southbound lanes from the 49 to 54 mile markers are now open. However, only the left southbound lane is open, so expect some traffic as crews continue some environmental remediation work.
Highway officials report Hazmat crews are on the scene to test the site and water nearby the accident. An environmental company pumped the hazardous material out of the tanker.