Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Roads & Highways
Mon January 14, 2013
Part of Pennyrile Parkway Closed
UPDATED: 3 p.m.
A portion of the Pennyrile Parkway was closed this afternoon after the cab of a tanker truck carrying hydrochloric acid caught fire this morning. Both north and southbound lanes from the 49 to 54 mile markers are now open. However, only the left southbound lane is open, so expect some traffic as crews continue some environmental remediation work.
Highway officials report Hazmat crews are on the scene to test the site and water nearby the accident. An environmental company pumped the hazardous material out of the tanker.