Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Roads & Highways
Mon January 14, 2013
Part of Pennyrile Parkway Closed
UPDATED: 3 p.m.
A portion of the Pennyrile Parkway was closed this afternoon after the cab of a tanker truck carrying hydrochloric acid caught fire this morning. Both north and southbound lanes from the 49 to 54 mile markers are now open. However, only the left southbound lane is open, so expect some traffic as crews continue some environmental remediation work.
Highway officials report Hazmat crews are on the scene to test the site and water nearby the accident. An environmental company pumped the hazardous material out of the tanker.