Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 27, 2009
Parking Problems at Hendron-Lone Oak Elementary
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The McCracken Fiscal Court is again hoping to share the cost of fixing a parking problem at Hendron-Lone Oak Elementary with the county's school board. The board previously declined the offer. Some commissioners are eyeing one solution; building a 50-car parking lot and access road, so parents can pick up their children without blocking emergency vehicles. The Paducah Sun reports the cost to build the lot is estimated at $40,000. Other commissioners say there is a much cheaper way to solve the problem: block access to cars on the road in question.