Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue October 27, 2009
Parking Problems at Hendron-Lone Oak Elementary
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The McCracken Fiscal Court is again hoping to share the cost of fixing a parking problem at Hendron-Lone Oak Elementary with the county's school board. The board previously declined the offer. Some commissioners are eyeing one solution; building a 50-car parking lot and access road, so parents can pick up their children without blocking emergency vehicles. The Paducah Sun reports the cost to build the lot is estimated at $40,000. Other commissioners say there is a much cheaper way to solve the problem: block access to cars on the road in question.