Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 27, 2009
Parking Problems at Hendron-Lone Oak Elementary
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The McCracken Fiscal Court is again hoping to share the cost of fixing a parking problem at Hendron-Lone Oak Elementary with the county's school board. The board previously declined the offer. Some commissioners are eyeing one solution; building a 50-car parking lot and access road, so parents can pick up their children without blocking emergency vehicles. The Paducah Sun reports the cost to build the lot is estimated at $40,000. Other commissioners say there is a much cheaper way to solve the problem: block access to cars on the road in question.