Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 6, 2008
Paris Dog Ordinance
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Paris City Commission passed a first reading of its revised dangerous dog ordinance Thursday. City Attorney Fred McLean says the city has received more and more complaints recently about vicious dogs. The ordinance establishes a court system for determining whether a dog should be classified as dangerous or potentially dangerous. Owners of dangerous animals would have to pay a yearly fee between fifty and a hundred dollars to keep their pets. McLean says it's to early to know how much, if any, opposition the ordinance will have. The commission holds a public comment hearing and second reading November 6th.