Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue November 25, 2008
Paris Civic Leader Dies
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – A Paris businessman and civic leader died yesterday after succumbing to wounds sustained in a shooting incident at Reelfoot Lake. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports John Burnett was shot in the arm and abdomen as he inspected his duck blind with his nephew and nephew's friends. Burnett served as president of several local organizations, including the Paris-Henry County Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Business Association. The investigation into the shooting is ongoing.