Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 30, 2008
Palin Draws Crowds in Cape Girardeau
By Carrie Pond
Cape Girardeau, MO – Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin received a rousing welcome Thursday in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Palin told a crowd of thousands that John McCain will fix the economy, lead America to victory in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and move toward energy independence. The Associated Press reports the Alaskan governor criticized Obama's tax plan and his failure to support a troop surge in Iraq. Southeast Missouri is a conservative, heavily Republican region. George W. Bush carried nearly 69 percent of the vote in Cape Girardeau County in 2004.