Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed August 29, 2012
Paducah's Convention Center finances stabilizing
Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation Chairman Phil McIntosh says operations at the Julian Carroll Convention Center are stabilizing after former executive director J. Patrick Kerr embezzled more than $230,000 in center funds. McIntosh says he thinks the center will continue to need financial assistance from the city and county until a new hotel built adjacent to the center can replace those funds. But, he says with governmental help, the convention center is solvent. McIntosh says the C-C-C is currently scheduling mediation with potentially responsible parties in the embezzlement. He says the board hopes to avoid litigation through the mediation process.