Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 29, 2012
Paducah's Convention Center finances stabilizing
Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation Chairman Phil McIntosh says operations at the Julian Carroll Convention Center are stabilizing after former executive director J. Patrick Kerr embezzled more than $230,000 in center funds. McIntosh says he thinks the center will continue to need financial assistance from the city and county until a new hotel built adjacent to the center can replace those funds. But, he says with governmental help, the convention center is solvent. McIntosh says the C-C-C is currently scheduling mediation with potentially responsible parties in the embezzlement. He says the board hopes to avoid litigation through the mediation process.