Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 22, 2009
Paducah's '10 AQS Forecast Still Hazy
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Whether or not Paducah will host the American Quilter's Society 2010 Quilt Show may hinge on what co-creator Bill Schroeder learns this Friday in Frankfort. Schroeder plans to meet with state Tourism Secretary Marcheta Sparrow to learn if the organization is eligible for a grant to help pay rental costs, set to exceed $150,000.
The Paducah Sun reports the organization is looking at renting a portable pavilion outside the Julian Carroll Convention Center. With the closure of the Executive Inn, the show loses about 40% of its vendor space and 140 hotel rooms.
The site has been home to the show for 25 years, which brings in more than 25,000 visitors to the area.