Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri February 17, 2012
Paducah/McCracken County Merger
McCracken County's Joint Consolidation Study Commission held the last of its four scheduled public meetings Thursday to present its draft plan to merge Paducah and McCracken County governments. More than 175 people attended the event at Lone Oak Middle School. They voiced concerns over such issues as the number of representatives on the proposed government's council. Commission Vice Chairman Tom Garrett says they'll meet soon to discuss the public's concerns and possibly adjust the draft. He believes the commission could vote on whether the plan will make the November ballot within the next month or two. Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the commission might schedule a fifth public meeting in the near future.