Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 17, 2012
Paducah/McCracken County Merger
McCracken County's Joint Consolidation Study Commission held the last of its four scheduled public meetings Thursday to present its draft plan to merge Paducah and McCracken County governments. More than 175 people attended the event at Lone Oak Middle School. They voiced concerns over such issues as the number of representatives on the proposed government's council. Commission Vice Chairman Tom Garrett says they'll meet soon to discuss the public's concerns and possibly adjust the draft. He believes the commission could vote on whether the plan will make the November ballot within the next month or two. Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the commission might schedule a fifth public meeting in the near future.