Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue November 19, 2013
Paducah Superintendent Greene Announces Resignation
Paducah Public Schools superintendent Randy Greene is resigning next summer, after 10 years on the job. Greene made the announcement at Monday's Board of Education meeting.
Board of Education chair Danette Humphrey said the board will form a search committee to begin a nationwide search. The committee will forward the results of its search to the board, which will then select candidates to interview.
Humphrey hopes to have a list of potential candidates to submit to the board by mid-April and name a new superintendent in May.
Greene’s resignation is effective June 30, 2014.