Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue October 5, 2010
Paducah Sun Investigates City Manager Candidates
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah's four city manager candidate finalists have extensive experience listed on their resumes but also have past incidents that will likely generate questions when they visit for interviews this week. The Paducah Sun ran internet background checks and found three candidates were either fired or forced to resign from city administrative positions within the past three years. It also found one candidate was recently fined a thousand dollars for an ethics violation. City Commissioner Gayle Kaler tells the Sun it isn't unusual many of the candidates have been fired or forced out of previous jobs because city managers come and go with mayors for an average stay of five or six years.
The candidates include Frankfort City Manager Tony Massey; Elk City, Oklahoma City Manager Gary Dumas; former McHenry, Illinois City Manager Douglas Maxeiner; and Grand Island, Nebraska City Administrator Jeffrey Pederson.