Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu July 27, 2006
Paducah Summer Festival Photo Contest
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Nearly 150 photographers in 7 states sent nearly 400 entries for judging in this year's Paducah Summer Festival Photo Competition. Philip McCabe of Paducah's color print of a school interior won the $400 prize. Stephanie Schorfheide of Carbondale's tintype titled "Lizzie Borden #4" won the $300 second prize. Sarah Hyde of Makanda, Illinois' image, "Holiday Dyslexia" won the $200 prize. You can see all 53 images on display through August 27 at Tribeca Mexican Cuisine Gallery, 127 South Second Street on Market House Square in Downtown Paducah.
Click the "Listen" icon as to hear Kate Lochte's conversation with Joy McKenzie and Bob Shapiro about the photos and the contest. Joy McKenzie, Chair of the Department of Photography at Watkins College of Art and Design in Nashville, TN. Bob Shapiro along with his wife Robyn have been the Directors of the photo competition for more than 10 years.