Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon August 31, 2009
Paducah Shooting Arrests
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Two men have been arrested over the weekend in connection with a Friday morning shooting incident outside a Levin Avenue home in Paducah. 26-year-old Warren Carruthers and his brother, 32 year old Calvin Carruthers were arrested on charges of eight counts each of first-degree wanton endangerment.
Witnesses told police two men in a white car fired several shots at them outside the home Friday morning. Police located the car a short time later in the 700 block of Boyd Street, and arrested Warren and Calvin Carruthers that night. Both men admitted to their participation in the incident, and were booked into McCracken County Regional Jail.
Paducah Police Detective Sergeant Brian Laird says the incident is part of an ongoing dispute between the Shumpert and Carruthers families.