Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu June 7, 2012
Paducah Schools to Hire Homeless Student Coordinator
Paducah Public Schools will use a state grant to hire a full-time coordinator to work with homeless students.
The district's director of pupil personnel, Troy Brock, estimates that there are about 120 homeless students, who live in motels, hotels, with other family members or in shelters. Brock tells The Paducah Sun the one-year grant from the Kentucky Department of Education will fund one employee, but that person will have an impact across the school district. The district hasn't had a specific homeless student coordinator since 2009. Brock says the coordinator can do home visits, deal with paperwork required for student enrollment and keep track of the homeless student population. He says the district hopes to hire the coordinator by the end of July.