Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah’s Convention Center Corportation Embezzlement Investigation
The Paducah Convention Center Corporation’s embezzlement investigation is in its second phase. Chairman Phil McIntosh tells the Paducah Sun the board has until October 7th, one year from the time the embezzlement was discovered, to file lawsuits.
Bowling Green-based law firm English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley was hired in November to investigate the embezzlement of more than $230,000 from the center over a roughly 13-month period. McIntosh says the board is hoping for a settlement to avoid litigation.