Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah’s Convention Center Corportation Embezzlement Investigation
The Paducah Convention Center Corporation’s embezzlement investigation is in its second phase. Chairman Phil McIntosh tells the Paducah Sun the board has until October 7th, one year from the time the embezzlement was discovered, to file lawsuits.
Bowling Green-based law firm English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley was hired in November to investigate the embezzlement of more than $230,000 from the center over a roughly 13-month period. McIntosh says the board is hoping for a settlement to avoid litigation.