Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah’s Convention Center Corportation Embezzlement Investigation
The Paducah Convention Center Corporation’s embezzlement investigation is in its second phase. Chairman Phil McIntosh tells the Paducah Sun the board has until October 7th, one year from the time the embezzlement was discovered, to file lawsuits.
Bowling Green-based law firm English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley was hired in November to investigate the embezzlement of more than $230,000 from the center over a roughly 13-month period. McIntosh says the board is hoping for a settlement to avoid litigation.