Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah’s Convention Center Corportation Embezzlement Investigation
The Paducah Convention Center Corporation’s embezzlement investigation is in its second phase. Chairman Phil McIntosh tells the Paducah Sun the board has until October 7th, one year from the time the embezzlement was discovered, to file lawsuits.
Bowling Green-based law firm English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley was hired in November to investigate the embezzlement of more than $230,000 from the center over a roughly 13-month period. McIntosh says the board is hoping for a settlement to avoid litigation.