Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue June 5, 2012
Paducah Riverfront Development Plan Postponed
The Paducah planning commission postponed a vote on a riverfront development plan at their meeting last night.
The Paducah Riverfront Development Authority's multi-million dollar "Renaissance Area Master Plan", or RAMP, is four years in the making. It would serve as a guide for development over the next 15 years, linking the downtown, riverfront, and Lowertown areas. The plan includes gateways that would be built into the streetscape, welcoming visitors to each district. Funding comes from a Preserve America grant through the National Park Service, as well as matching funds from the city. The West Kentucky Star reports the planning commission will take a look at RAMP at their next meeting, July 16th.