Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 2, 2012
Paducah Receives Insurance Money from Embezzlement Claim
The city of Paducah has received over $60,000 dollars from an insurance claim on the embezzlement of more the $230,000 dollars from its convention and expo centers.
The payment from the city’s employee theft insurance partially covers damages incurred during an embezzlement scandal involving J. Patrick Kerr, the former Executive Director of the Paducah McCracken County Convention Center Corporation. The claim covers money stolen while Kerr was employed by the city. The rest of the embezzled sum was taken while Kerr worked through a contract with an employment agency. The CCC is working with a Bowling Green-based law firm to recover the rest of the embezzled funds. Kerr, and his accomplice Susan Wilson, pleaded guilty to federal theft charges in court last month.