Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon July 2, 2012
Paducah Receives Insurance Money from Embezzlement Claim
The city of Paducah has received over $60,000 dollars from an insurance claim on the embezzlement of more the $230,000 dollars from its convention and expo centers.
The payment from the city’s employee theft insurance partially covers damages incurred during an embezzlement scandal involving J. Patrick Kerr, the former Executive Director of the Paducah McCracken County Convention Center Corporation. The claim covers money stolen while Kerr was employed by the city. The rest of the embezzled sum was taken while Kerr worked through a contract with an employment agency. The CCC is working with a Bowling Green-based law firm to recover the rest of the embezzled funds. Kerr, and his accomplice Susan Wilson, pleaded guilty to federal theft charges in court last month.