Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue November 18, 2008
Paducah to Purchase Land for New Middle School
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Paducah School Board approved $160,000 last night to purchase land for a new middle school. The attorney for the board, Mark Whitlow, says the current Paducah Middle School is in a bad location and outdated. The board plans to buy 6.3 acres from the Paducah Water Works on which to build a more modern facility, and officials hope the city will donate another 4.8 acres to accommodate the building. Both of these tracts will be added to land already owned by the school district. Whitlow says he hopes the deal with Paducah Water Works will close this week so the board can move forward with its petition for state funding.