Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 14, 2009
Paducah Prepares to Set Property Tax Rates
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners last night considered property tax rates for the new fiscal year. The Finance Department recommends real estate tax levy rates remain as they have been for the last two years at 25 cents per $100. Because of higher property value assessments, the current rate is expected to create a more than neutral revenue stream. The city will hold a public hearing and final vote on the matter at their meeting next Tuesday. The only proposed tax increase is in the Paducah Independent School district, raising rates by just over half-a-penny per $100.