Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 14, 2009
Paducah Prepares to Set Property Tax Rates
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners last night considered property tax rates for the new fiscal year. The Finance Department recommends real estate tax levy rates remain as they have been for the last two years at 25 cents per $100. Because of higher property value assessments, the current rate is expected to create a more than neutral revenue stream. The city will hold a public hearing and final vote on the matter at their meeting next Tuesday. The only proposed tax increase is in the Paducah Independent School district, raising rates by just over half-a-penny per $100.