Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri October 17, 2008
Paducah Parks Staph
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Paducah City Parks shut down its after school programs yesterday after a doctor's report confirmed an employee's staph infection. Paducah Public Information Officer Pam Spencer says the part time employee works with tot school, after-school programs and the fall break camp. He has been off since Monday and can return to work after he has a clean bill of health. Spencer says the city's public works department disinfected the parks office yesterday, and officials notified parents about the infection. Spencer says anyone with concerns about the antibiotic-resistant bacterial strain commonly known at MRSA should contact their health department.