Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 23, 2009
Paducah Officials to Decide on Pavilion Details
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah officials are expected to decide next month whether to rent or buy a 40,000 square-foot portable pavilion for next year's quilt show. Since the Executive Inn remains closed, the pavilion is Paducah's solution to house space for vendors who usually set up shop in the hotel. Officials will also have to hammer out the details on the pavilion: whether to buy a steel frame or air supported one. The Paducah Sun reports preliminary estimates put buying a pavilion that size would cost upwards of $1 million.