Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue July 21, 2009
Paducah Officials Consider Buying Executive Inn
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city officials are discussing buying the mortgage on the Executive Inn rather than wait for a lawsuit. Commissioner Gerald Watkins says negotiations will only be held if current owner Bhupinder Singh is not a part of them. According to Watkins, the city's buyout offer would likely be less than the value of the mortgage, which with liens and interest stands at over four and a half million dollars.