Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 27, 2009
Paducah Neighborhood to Oppose Building Bank Nearby
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah's West End Neighborhood Association will attempt to block a rezoning application by a bank seeking to build nearby at Lone Oak Road and Forest Circle. Independence Bank has yet to submit any official plans or requests. Most of the property is vacant, with one unoccupied house on the lot. Paducah's planning commission and city engineer's office will review traffic impact, drainage, and other details. The Paducah Sun reports if the city's planning commission supported rezoning the property; the city commission would make the final decision.