Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue October 27, 2009
Paducah Neighborhood to Oppose Building Bank Nearby
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah's West End Neighborhood Association will attempt to block a rezoning application by a bank seeking to build nearby at Lone Oak Road and Forest Circle. Independence Bank has yet to submit any official plans or requests. Most of the property is vacant, with one unoccupied house on the lot. Paducah's planning commission and city engineer's office will review traffic impact, drainage, and other details. The Paducah Sun reports if the city's planning commission supported rezoning the property; the city commission would make the final decision.