Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 27, 2009
Paducah Neighborhood to Oppose Building Bank Nearby
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah's West End Neighborhood Association will attempt to block a rezoning application by a bank seeking to build nearby at Lone Oak Road and Forest Circle. Independence Bank has yet to submit any official plans or requests. Most of the property is vacant, with one unoccupied house on the lot. Paducah's planning commission and city engineer's office will review traffic impact, drainage, and other details. The Paducah Sun reports if the city's planning commission supported rezoning the property; the city commission would make the final decision.