Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 9, 2013
Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Two Paducah natives are among the all-male a cappella group the acoUstiKats performing tonight on NBC’s "The Sing-Off”. Jordan Lindsey sings first tenor and the group members say he acts as the main vocal coach.
(That’s Jordan singing lead on the group’s Youtube Channel)
Mason Stewart sings baritone and bass. His group members say he appears unassuming but can really surprise you in a song.
Stewart commented on performing on the show to screenslam.com. "This is not a competition for us," said Stewart. "We are out here singing with our best friends and it happens to be on a T.V. show that has a prize. We bring our ‘A’ game every single night and if we go home, we gave it our best shot."
The group was first created 20 years ago at the University of Kentucky and changes as members graduate or leave. The group on the program has been put together from current and past group members. The Sing-Off pits a cappella groups against each other with judges deciding who moves on to subsequent rounds. The program airs tonight at 8:00 on NBC.