Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue January 1, 2013
Paducah - McCracken County Riverport Gets State Grant for Repairs
The Paducah/McCracken County Riverport is getting about $150 thousand in state grants this year to perform facility repairs.
Riverport Executive Director Ken Canter says they’ll use most of the funds to repair and replace a section of loading dock. He says,
“The most abuse over the last 30 years would be where the trucks are loaded, the heavier items are placed on trucks, forklifts maneuvering in and out, and twisting and turning and the concrete over the last 30 years has deteriorated to the point where now it’s hard on the equipment.”
Canter says they’ll also replace a section of railway and a track switch. He says the funds come from a matching grant, so the port will put another $150 thousand towards the repairs. Canter says repairs will start as soon as the paperwork is finalized.