Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Paducah Convention Center
Wed March 7, 2012
Paducah-McCracken County Covention Center Corp Discusses Budget
The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation discussed a healthy budget during the Executive Committee meeting Tuesday. The committee mulled over the center’s current cash flow and expenses in preparation for future budget workshops with city and county representatives. The corporation will submit budget requests to both governments for funds to help cover upcoming costs. CCC Treasurer Hal Sullivan says the convention center has enough money to pay bills at least through the end of the fiscal year, although committee members did discuss rethinking rent discounts the center has offered for past charity events. Sullivan says they want to find a new balance between supporting the events and paying for utilities and staff. Members did not discuss any new information regarding the embezzlement case against former Convention Center Executive Director Patrick Kerr. Sullivan declined to comment on the situation.