Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed June 27, 2012
Paducah-McCracken County CCC's Sigler and Sullivan Retire
Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation Chairman Jim Sigler conducted his last meeting yesterday. Sigler, along with Treasurer Hal Sullivan, is retiring from the board of directors.
Former Vice Chair Phil McIntosh will succeed Sigler. McIntosh praises Sigler and Sullivan’s leadership of the board, saying they’ve dedicated countless hours over the years to improving the convention center.
“And, that takes away from their businesses; that takes away from their families. But this board and the convention center and the exposition center have never been in better shape, and it’s because of those two guys,” says McIntosh.
Mayor Bill Paxton also honored the retirees last night. He named Sigler a Duke of Paducah and awarded Sullivan the Mayor’s Award of Merit.