Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 15, 2012
Paducah-McCracken County CCC Presents Budget
The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation presented its 2012/2013 budget to the county Fiscal Court yesterday. CCC Treasurer Hal Sullivan gave members what he called a “bare bones” budget requesting $100,000 to help with insurance costs and maintenance issues. The money will also help pay the Carson Four Rivers Center for management services. Sullivan says the CCC is trying to pare down its spending so local governing bodies can assist other organizations in need.
“ We’re just asking for less support from the city and the county because we recognize that financial conditions are tough for everybody. There are many organizations that are worthy in the community—all do good work—and that are suffering budget cuts.”
Also, the CCC board has expanded its size from 11 to 14 members. Sullivan introduced two of those members, Scott Taylor and Tom Padgett, during the Fiscal Court meeting.