Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 15, 2012
Paducah-McCracken County CCC Presents Budget
The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation presented its 2012/2013 budget to the county Fiscal Court yesterday. CCC Treasurer Hal Sullivan gave members what he called a “bare bones” budget requesting $100,000 to help with insurance costs and maintenance issues. The money will also help pay the Carson Four Rivers Center for management services. Sullivan says the CCC is trying to pare down its spending so local governing bodies can assist other organizations in need.
“ We’re just asking for less support from the city and the county because we recognize that financial conditions are tough for everybody. There are many organizations that are worthy in the community—all do good work—and that are suffering budget cuts.”
Also, the CCC board has expanded its size from 11 to 14 members. Sullivan introduced two of those members, Scott Taylor and Tom Padgett, during the Fiscal Court meeting.