Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue May 15, 2012
Paducah-McCracken County CCC Presents Budget
The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation presented its 2012/2013 budget to the county Fiscal Court yesterday. CCC Treasurer Hal Sullivan gave members what he called a “bare bones” budget requesting $100,000 to help with insurance costs and maintenance issues. The money will also help pay the Carson Four Rivers Center for management services. Sullivan says the CCC is trying to pare down its spending so local governing bodies can assist other organizations in need.
“ We’re just asking for less support from the city and the county because we recognize that financial conditions are tough for everybody. There are many organizations that are worthy in the community—all do good work—and that are suffering budget cuts.”
Also, the CCC board has expanded its size from 11 to 14 members. Sullivan introduced two of those members, Scott Taylor and Tom Padgett, during the Fiscal Court meeting.