Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon December 22, 2008
Paducah Man Embezzles from Toys for Tots
By Jacque Day
Paducah, Kentucky – A Paducah man is charged with embezzling money from Toys for Tots. 33-year-old Jason Carper was arrested Monday and admitted to taking in excess of $11,000 from the US Marine Corps-run organization that provides holiday gifts to needy children. Paducah Police say Carper, a local coordinator for the charity, took the money over the last three to four months, transferring it from a Toys for Tots account into his own personal account to pay personal expenses, including a house payment.