Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 25, 2009
Paducah Man Charged with Child Sodomy
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man has been arrested on child sodomy charges that occurred about three years ago. McCracken County Sheriff's detectives arrested 37-year-old Robert Bivens after a month-long investigation. They received a complaint alleging the sexual assault of a 17-year-male juvenile currently residing in the Youth Development Center in Louisville. During an interview, Bivens allegedly admitted to investigators he had previously sodomized an eight-year-old boy on two occasions in McCracken County and had sexually abused another child in a surrounding county in 2007. Police say the investigation continues in the case and additional charges are likely.