Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 25, 2009
Paducah Man Charged with Child Sodomy
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man has been arrested on child sodomy charges that occurred about three years ago. McCracken County Sheriff's detectives arrested 37-year-old Robert Bivens after a month-long investigation. They received a complaint alleging the sexual assault of a 17-year-male juvenile currently residing in the Youth Development Center in Louisville. During an interview, Bivens allegedly admitted to investigators he had previously sodomized an eight-year-old boy on two occasions in McCracken County and had sexually abused another child in a surrounding county in 2007. Police say the investigation continues in the case and additional charges are likely.