Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed September 12, 2012
Paducah keeps tax rates from 2011
Paducahresidents will see their real estate and personal property tax rate remain the same for the 2012 fiscal year. Last night, Mayor Bill Paxton and city commissioners introduced an ordinance keeping the current tax of 25 cents per 100 dollars of assessed value. The city has maintained this rate for the last five years. Commissioner Carol Gault says the city has tried to streamline spending to balance its budget without collecting more revenue. LowerTownArts and Music Festival organizers also presented a report last night. They told commissioners almost 16,000 people attended this year’s event. That number represents a 10 percent increase in attendance from 2011.