Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri March 29, 2013
Paducah Introduces Ordinance For New Business
Paducah’s Mayor and Commissioners introduced an ordinance Thursday for a memorandum of understanding between Macco Organiques, Inc., the Greater Paducah Economic Development Council, the Paducah-McCracken County Industrial Development Authority, the City of Paducah, and McCracken County. Macco wants to locate a manufacturing and distribution facility for food-grade pharmaceuticals in the city’s spec building.
The memorandum outlines how the City and County will each invest $1.25 million to improve the building while retaining ownership. In return, Macco will lease the facility for five years with a renewal option. The agreement also outlines Macco’s commitment to hire 40 full-time employees with an average minimum salary of $16 per hour and health insurance benefits. Macco also plans to invest a minimum of $9 million in the project. The Paducah location would be the company’s third.